Hyderabad: Scientists, engineers and employees working in the laboratories of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) are kept under strict surveillance by their respective laboratory vigilance wings, in a joint operation with the state’s Intelligence Bureau.
Employees’ activities and their contacts are thoroughly screened by the vigilance officials under the direction of the Director General, Vigilance.
Yet this high profile surveillance could not detect the growing connection between BrahMos Aerospace scientist Nishant Agarwal and Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
Nishant’s name came up not through the lab surveillance but while interrogating another spy, Achyutanand Mishra of the BSF who was allegedly honey-trapped by the ISI, Nishant Agarwal was arrested from a BrahMos facility in the DRDO’s facility in Nagpur for leaking sensitive data about India's defence establishments and plans.
When this correspondent enquired about the role of the DRDO lab vigilance, a source in the DRDO explained, “Scientists working with DRDO are answerable to the nation, thus projects and production are kept a secret. Employees, be it scientists or engineers, are barred from carrying CDs, floppy discs, pen drives, cell phones or other electronic gadget that can transmit sensitive data.”
All shops, except malls in city to open from today; KCR calls for austerity measures as lockdown hits revenues
With 107 new cases reported, the state breaks the 2000 mark
The hope of parents, relatives and officials seeing the boy home alive is dashed.Though an NDRF led team carried out a rescue operation to save the boy proved to be a futile effort.
Telangana contributed more than half (63 per cent) of total paddy procured in Yasangi this year and the remaining 37 per cent paddy was procured from all other States put together.
In May, the government's revenues have been a mere Rs 3,100 crore, which includes the state’s share of Rs 982 crore in central taxes
The locals found on Thursday morning that a leopard was struck in a wire snare loop ,which was present near a fencing laid to an open land by its owner
Malls, cinema theatres, function halls will remain closed nevertheless
Kaleshwaram project, the pride of Telangana
However, the respite is for only a few days
Advises people to remain cautious as spread is not on alarming scale despite relaxing lockdown curbs
On Wednesday, TS Wakf Board chairman Mohammed Saleem said they will issue notices to the concerned caretakers of the graveyard
At 4 am on Friday, Chandi Yagam will be performed in Konda Pochamma temple and Sudarshan Yagam at Konda Pochamma Sagar pump house simultaneously.